Latest pics (April 2011)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pulling out of Time Attack.. spiralling costs!!

well budget has truly spiralled and we jst about have al the bits to finish the build but after there is cost of dyno and testing up at KH. I can't stick my head in the sand too long and the 114 ron petrol fumes aren't having enough pyschotropic effectes to avoid the truth..

- so I'm putting the foot down and making a few hard calls to stop the money getting further out of control. TA raised their fees this year & want all fees up front next Wed regardless of whether the car can compete first cpl of rounds or not... so I'm pulling the car as it's too much a gamble. I emailed Rob Barnes today to officially withdraw the car/team from the 07 entry.

I'd rather get the car working and do the odd race meet and pick a up a cpl of sigs. Main thing is to get the car running and slow the money outflow as much as poss. If all goes well I can try and do the odd LOTRDC round but will get car working and see what I can afford. I'm not going to compete SMRC this season as I've just spent a grand on R888s for the TA, which is fine for LOTRDC but you can run slicks for SMRC iirc.

Main things that hurt the budget being the rising entry fee, wheels, tyres, shift linkage for the G50 trans, customs duty and shipping costs and lots of things you don't think of until you start building a car. It's been a learning curve for sure.

Update: I emailed GKN about shafts and cv's. They built the original V8 Europa prototypes so may be interested. Off down to workshop to go through o/s jobs to-do.

No comments: